ISO 20000 is the IT Service Management (ITSM)
What is ISO 20000?
ISO/IEC 20000 is the first worldwide standard specifically aimed at IT Service Management. It describes an integrated set of management processes for the effective delivery of services to the business and its customers.
ISO/IEC 20000 is aligned with and complementary to the process approach defined within ITIL from the Office of Government Commerce (OGC). ISO/IEC 20000 consists of two parts:
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005 is the formal Specification and defines the requirements for an organization to deliver managed services of an acceptable quality for its customers.
The scope includes:
- Requirements for a management system;
- Planning and implementing service management;
- Planning and implementing new or changed services;
- Service delivery process;
- Relationship processes;
- Resolution processes;
- Control processes; and
- Release processes.
ISO/IEC 20000-2:2005 is the Code of Practice and describes the best practices for Service Management processes within the scope of ISO/IEC 20000-1. The code of Practice will be of particular use to organizations preparing to be audited against ISO/IEC 20000 or planning service improvements.
Benefits of ISO / IEC 20000 certification
Implementation of ISO 20000 brings with it many benefits and advantages. These will of course differ from organization to organization. However, the following list is a pretty good representation of the common results:
- Alignment of information technology services and business strategy.
- Creation of a formal framework for current service improvement projects
- Provides a benchmark type comparison with best practices
- Creates competitive advantage via the promotion of consistent and cost-effective services.
- By requiring ownership and responsibility at all levels, it creates a progressive ethos and culture.
- Supports 'interchanging' of service providers and staff by virtue of the creation of inter-enterprise operational processes.
- Reduction of risk and thus cost in terms of external service receipt
- Through the creation of a standard consistent approach, aids major organizational changes.
- Enhanced reputation and perception
- Fundamental shift to pro-active rather than re-active processes
- Improved relationship between different departments via better definition and more clarity in terms of responsibility and goals.
- Creation of a stable framework for both resource training and service management automation.
How to achieve ISO / IEC 20000 Certificate
Global Reliance Veritas (GRV) offers a well-defined and globally recognized certification for ISO 20000. Start your ISO 20000 certification journey with us today in the most effective manner. Contact us at email@example.com to get started with ISO 20000 certification