What is Automotive Quality Systems Certification - ISO / TS 16949?
ISO/TS 16949:2009, in conjunction with ISO 9001:2008, defines the quality management system requirements for the design and development, production and, when relevant, installation and service of automotive-related products.
ISO/TS 16949:2009 is applicable to sites of the organization where customer-specified parts, for production and/or service, are manufactured.
TS 16949 is the International Quality Management Standard specifically written by the Automotive Industry.
In a concerted effort to improve quality and assure the integrity of supplies to the industry. Subscribers to the standard include BMW, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Ford, GM, PSA, Renault and VW.
The introduction of TS 16949 has resulted in substantial improvements in all aspects of quality, delivery and overall efficiency throughout the supply chain. It has also reduced the requirement for multiple audits of manufacturers.
The International Automotive Task Force (IATF), which members include nine major OEMs, is committed to ensuring that TS 16949 remains the automotive quality systems standard for the future.
The standard is applicable to any organization within the automotive supply chain that manufactures and / or adds value to parts for supply to the automotive industry.
Benefits of ISO/TS 16949
- Global recognition as a reputable supplier - certification is recognized and accepted throughout the automotive supply chain as an industry benchmark
- Customer satisfaction - through delivery of products that consistently meet customer requirements
- Reduced cost of compliance with customer specifications - through implementation of a single management system and reduced audit requirements
- Reduced operating costs - through continual improvement of processes and resulting operational efficiencies
- Improved stakeholder relationships - including staff, customers and suppliers
- Legal compliance - by understanding how statutory and regulatory requirements impact the organization and its customers
- Improved risk management - through greater consistency and traceability of products and services
- Proven business credentials - through independent verification against recognized standards
- Ability to win more business - particularly where procurement specifications require certification as a condition to supply
- Streamlined QMS management: Your certification to a widely-accepted standard streamlines and simplifies the management of your quality management system (QMS), by reducing the complexity and overhead required to administer separate proprietary programs for individual customers. This leads to a reduction in both second- and third-party system audits and, ultimately, a common quality system approach among all suppliers and subcontractors in the supply chain.
- Improved product and process quality: The requirements of ISO/TS 16949 promote a process approach for the design and development, production, installation, and service of automotive products.
- This approach can result in a reduction in variation and increased efficiency.
- Reduced cost of sales: Your certification establishes your company's credibility and commitment to quality from day one. Because the task of explaining the specifics and demonstrating the effectiveness of your QMS is more straightforward, it takes less time to earn your prospective customers' trust and confidence.
- ISO 9001 benefits, and more Since ISO/TS 16949 exceeds the requirements of ISO 9001, your company gets automotive industry-specific guidelines in addition to ISO 9001's anticipated benefits of reduced transaction costs, reduced costs of sales, expanded market access, and improved overall performance. Plus, if you're already ISO 9001 certified, you're well on your way to ISO/TS 16949 certification.
How to achieve ISO/TS 16949 Certification
Global Reliance Veritas (GRV) offers a well-defined and globally recognized certification for ISO/TS 16949. Start your ISO/TS 16949 certification journey with us today in the most effective manner. Contact us at email@example.com to get started with ISO/TS 16949 certification.